Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Early Mornings

I don't often get the chance to do an early morning class. (When I say early, I'm talking about the 7:30 a.m. classes at my local studio.) But this week, Tom is off from work all week, so while he's at home sleeping in with Colden, I get to start my day with a yoga class.

This morning was beautiful. Very humid, overcast, foggy, little bit of drizzle in some places. It's the kind of mornings that you don't really get in the city, or even the suburbs. Almost no cars on the road, and I haven't had a reason to be on the road so early in years. I felt like I was sneaking around while the rest of the world slept...

And, yes, I yawned my way through pretty much the entire class. It probably didn't help that Colden was up every hour or two all night, crying for me. It's either this crazy weather, or the moon (new moon coming up), or the impending first day of kindergarten this week, but that poor kid could not get to sleep, and when he did, he tossed and turned and was just generally miserable.

So, there I was, and every time Robin said, "Take a deep inhale through your nose," I found myself taking a big yawn in and out of my mouth. Yawn, yawn, yawn. Savasana was a blissful rest at the end of practice, and I came home feeling calm and quiet, and really, really hungry for some scrambled eggs and cheese.

I'm in the countdown to start my yoga teacher training. First weekend of October is my first session. And as I've been swinging back and forth between thinking, "I really don't want to do this," and, "I can't wait to do this," I find myself thinking, "Yes, this is what I want." 

No comments:

Post a Comment