Monday, September 1, 2014

Ask, and the Universe Answers

So, I've been tossing around the idea in my head for months now that I really, really want to do an Ayurvedic practitioner training to complement my yoga training.

I mentioned it to a friend/teacher a few weeks ago, saying that I would need to figure out how I was going to find the time to do this training, since most of the programs that I had researched all required participants to be on-campus, usually for several weeks at a time.

I was immensely lucky in finding the yoga teacher training program that I did down in Schroon Lake last year, and I just assumed that I wouldn't get that lucky again in finding an Ayurvedic training program.

Well. What do you know?

Turns out that there's an excellent school of Ayurveda in Gorham, Maine. And not only is it close to me, but they also offer a low-residency/independent study option for those of us who require that kind of a program.

My only stumbling block, it seemed, was the initial deposit of $950 for the program. That's a whole lot of money for me to come up with at once. Because as we all know, life happens, and this winter, life is going to include an extra load of firewood, a fuel oil delivery, and snow tires for 3 vehicles.

In the back of my head, I thought about putting together a GoFundMe page to see if I could get a little help in raising the money I'd need for the deposit for this program. I wondered if it would be tacky. But, finally, I decided that this is really where I need to go next in my training, so I put together the page and just went for it.

And what do you know? In the first few hours that my page went live, I raised over 20% of my deposit, plus I received some amazing messages of support from some of my very dear friends.

It's an experience that has me overwhelmed with gratitude, and humbled by the generosity of the people I can call my friends.

So now I owe a huge debt of gratitude to my initial supporters, and to all the future supporters of my endeavors: I'm inspired to take this knowledge and use it to make my corner of the world a better place. And who knows? One candle can light a thousand more...

So, if you're so inclined, please take a look at my GoFundMe page. If you can't make a donation, maybe you can share it with anyone you think might be interested. I'm offering some pretty sweet rewards: Ayurvedic consultations, yoga classes, personalized Ayurvedic herbal and oil samplers, and even a beaded Ohm cuff bracelet by my sweet, supportive friend Carol Dean Sharpe.




No comments:

Post a Comment